Flash is one of the most engaging, innovative, and versatile technologies available—allowing the creation of anything from animated banners and simple cartoons, to Rich Internet Applications, interactive videos, and dynamic user interfaces for web sites, kiosks, devices, or DVDs. The possibilities are endless, and now it just got better.
Flash CS5 boasts a host of new features, including the much-anticipated Android application creation feature, a whole new animation engine enabling full manipulation of tweens and paths, custom easing, improved inverse kinematics, a revamped timeline, built-in 3D, and much more.
This book is all you’ll need to learn Flash CS5 from the ground up. If you already have Flash experience, this book will allow you to quickly catch up on all the cool new features. Flash experts Tom Green and Tiago Dias guide you step-by-step through all facets of Flash CS5, keeping the emphasis firmly on good design techniques that you use in your own projects.
- Learn Flash design from the ground up, or just get to grips with the new features, with a series of step-by-step tutorials.
- Provides an easy introduction to ActionScript 3.0 coding, but the focus is mainly kept on design.
- Learn from the experts—written by renowned Flash designers Tom Green and Tiago Dias.
What You’ll Learn
- How to create an Android application.
- The ins and outs of the Flash CS5 interface
- How to use all of Flash CS5′s essential features, such as text, graphics, and animation
- How to use video and sound effectively in Flash
- The fundamentals of Flash CS5’s new animation and timeline features
- The basics of ActionScript 3.0
- How to populate a Flash movie with dynamic data such as XML.
Who this book is for
This book is for both beginners who want a solid grounding in Flash CS5, and designers with previous Flash experience, who want to get up to speed with the new features.