As a Flash 8 designer, you have discovered the power of the video tools in the application. The new filters and effects and ActionScript classes allow you to create a variety of stunning visual effects in Flash. What you probably haven’t discovered is how easy it is empower your video hundreds of times more by combining the many effects and tools in After Effects 7 Professional with Flash!
This book, the first to explore the potential power and creativity boost that can be unleashed when After Effects and Flash are used together, is designed to get you up to speed with working in these two applications while hitting you with some creative innovation. You will discover how effectively you can use After Effects to create video and animation effects that were either extremely difficult or impossible to achieve in Flash.
By the end of this book, you will have created a variety of projects ranging from text effects, masks, and alpha channel video to 3D effects and audio visualization. All are designed to show you the potential available to you with these two powerhouse applications, and, more importantly, to expand the arsenal of creative motion graphics tools at your disposal.
Summary of contents:
* Chapter 1: From Concept to Final Product in After Effects
* Chapter 2: From Final Product to Upload in Flash Professional 8
* Chapter 3: Motion Graphics and the Preset Text Effects
* Chapter 4: Creating Alpha Channel Video for Flash
* Chapter 5: Creating Text Animations for Flash
* Chapter 6: Creating Special Effects
* Chapter 7: Playing with Text
* Chapter 8: Meet the Parents
* Chapter 9: The Video Behind the Mask
* Chapter 10: Track Mattes Are Your Friend
* Chapter 11: Adding a Third Dimension
* Chapter 12: Audio, the Red-Headed Kid in a Family of Blondes